A COMPLETE GUIDE TO GETTING RELAXATION SPACE AT HOME
All of us lead an extremely busy life today with hardly any time to relax and engage in any recreational activities. After a hectic day at work, if you come back home and find it completely disorganised and chaotic, then hardly can you expect any relaxation at home. Hence, you must ensure that your surrounding environment is peaceful and calm. The most essential way to find relaxation is by creating a calm environment at home. Here are some discussed ways and elements by which you can create a relaxing space in your home.
- Simplicity:- The first thing that you should keep in mind while creating a relaxing space at home is not to go for a complete makeover of the room, but to keep it simple and clean. The easiest method of creating a stress-free atmosphere is to simplify your room by being structured and minimalistic.
- De-clutter:- A completely messy room will distract you and keep you unfocused. Remove any unnecessary paper or utensils from the desk and racks. Remove unused clothes while you de-clutter your closet to keep it neat and clean. This will help you in relaxing and having an organised life.
- Avoid technology: – Bringing your work back to home is a harmful idea and will keep you occupied and disturbed as you have to check your emails, messages and phone calls constantly. So, try to keep your space free of any technology. Instead, indulge in reading books or taking a soothing shower. This will provide you calmness and relaxation and will also keep you healthy as the electronic devices emit blue light which will hamper your sleep quality and melatonin production.
- Promote Nature: – Plants are a great way to instigate relaxation. Planting trees will re-oxygenate the air inside your home and give you intense relief naturally. Plants and flowers have various medicinal benefits and will be helpful in de-stressing the atmosphere and giving your inner peace and calm.
- Keep the room colourful: – Colour is a fundamental part in renovating your home to create a relaxing space, whether painting walls, selecting art and furniture, or installing flooring. Colour plays an important role in changing your mood and providing tranquillity. Blue reduces stress, green symbolizes Mother Nature and gives a refreshed vibe, violet provides inner peace, pink creates calmness and white provide tranquillity and peace of mind. So, investing in light coloured wall paint will naturally lift your spirit and keep you relaxed.
- Sensory environment: – Scent can accord to the mood of a room. Candles are inexpensive, decorative and help in setting the tone of a room easily. Fragrances like sage and jasmine are soothing and peaceful. However, do not invest in pungent perfumes and scents as they do not help in creating a relaxing environment.
Spending time to de-stress your home and creating a relaxing atmosphere will naturally cut back on the pressure you get while working the whole day and will help in boosting your mood and health. Creating a relaxing space will keep you physically well, reduce your tension and provide you with a peace of mind.